Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Fusion, Volume 3 - Steve Moakler, "Riser"

This week's tune is a brand-spankin'-new one from Nashville-based singer/song-writer, Steve Moakler.  You might remember him from such excellent adventures as the feeding of Buddy the Blue Beta Fish...


Steve Moakler following thru on his word.
And a very happy girl.
Steve is the one on the left.  (October of 2013)  

The tune is called "Riser" and it makes me think of my brother Dean. 
If I was a singer, I'd sing it to my wife.  

It's good.  Listen to it.  
And then go buy the album. www.SteveMoakler.com 


(Lyrics included below if you can't understand his thick accent.  Kidding.  He doesn't have a thick accent.  He's from Pittsburgh.)
   

Riser

Lay your pretty head down on my shoulder
You don't have to worry anymore
This old world is cold and getting colder
But I know how to lock and bolt the door

I'm strong enough to hold you through the winter
I'm mean enough to stare your demons down
Hard times put the shine into the diamond
But I won't let that keep us in the ground

'cause I'm a Riser
I'm a get up off the ground don't run and hider
When pushing comes to shove, hey, I'm a fighter
When darkness hits the town, I'm a lighter
A get out aliver, of the fire
Survivor

If we ain't got the money, I can make it
I ain't afraid of working to the bone
If I don't know what I'm doing, I can fake it
I'll pray 'til Jesus rolls away the stone

I'm a tryer
I'm a get down low so I can lift you higher
An army couldn't keep down my desire


******

An equally fabulous Moakler tune is Crooked Heart.  I think it's going to be in my playlist for a long time... Have a fabulous weekend.  pba.

No comments:

Post a Comment