Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Positive Side Effects of a Dead Battery

Earlier this week my phone battery died as I was sitting waiting for the bus home.  <gasp>

I didn't have my iPad and I intentionally left my laptop at the office.  
I started to twitch violently.  Well... not really...

...but it did became painfully obvious just how dependent I have become on my gadgets. It took me a few seconds to shake the mild sense of panic that hit me, but I was able to establish a totally old-school strategy: pen & paper

As part of my Storyline journey, one of my ambitions is to get more diligent with writing. Near-daily blogs are one of the methods that I've talked about doing as a way to learn and build some creative momentum.  

So I spent some time simply jotting notes about topics that could turn into potential blog posts. 

My kick butt People of the Second Chance Notebook

After a few false starts and self-conscious moments, a couple of concepts started to flow and I began to remember what it used to feel like prior to my smart phone addiction.  


I liked how it felt and I like the work I've done over the past couple of days since.  


The real me sleeps in my phone.  It becomes alive on paper when boxes are drawn, arrows connect ideas, and doodles fill in the gaps.  

I may just start letting that battery die more often.


So here's to your real self.  I hope you have had the chance to stumble across it over the past couple of days... I can hardly wait to hear about what it wants to do.  pba.

  





No comments:

Post a Comment