Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pots for Piggies


I am the producer of unnecessary drama.  
I make stuff more complicated than it needs to be.  
I talk a lot.  About me. 

I want to DO more.  For others.

So here's the goal for the next year: make pots and give the proceeds away. 

Heifer International supplies animals and the skills to raise 'em to folks that could use some help.  
A pig costs $120.  And can produce up to 16 more pigs within a year.
That right there is hope.  For a small business or for the health of a family. 

I'd love to integrate your story, or that of a loved one, into a piece of clay. 
Or to create a full installation of pieces that tell a story together.
Or to just sell you an ice cream bowl. 
Both of our stories will benefit. 

I wanna give away 50 pigs in 2013.  
Let me know if you're up for helping me do it.  Oink Oink.   
pba.  
  


  

1 comment:

  1. This is so great Pete! I'd like to place an order for 2 pieces: 1 for my brother Jack & 1 for my mother Sheela. For a few years in a row, instead of exchanging Christmas gifts with one another, we used the $ we would've spent on gifts and pooled it and gave it to Heifer International for pigs, goats and ducks I believe. Anyway, your budding ministry here is awesome & I'd love to participate. It doesn't really matter to me what you make particularly for them each. Honestly and sadly to date, I don't talk with them much and see them less frequently than that, so I don't know what they need. My mother loves to cook and drinks coffee on her commute into Washington D.C. regularly and my brother is also a coffee drinker now and has a lot of driving that he does in Albuquerque, NM. Maybe just pray about it & go with what the Lord lays on your heart about the pieces for them? With much appreciation for & inspiration from you, Chris

    ReplyDelete